I think this post started with me thinking I should probably draw something besides animals, and acknowledging I do not like to draw people. I'm not sure if anyone else would conclude fruit was the way to go, but that's what I ended up with. As I began, my tendency was to draw the fruit as angry/old/meanspirited/etc... generally possessing qualities I don't like. I've decided this is because I generally don't like to eat fruit, and thus if I were to imagine one walking and talking, I'd imagine it to be someone who I have generally similar feelings towards. Though in reality, that might be balanced by the fact that I was looking at a walking/talking fruit, which would be a veritable gold mine.
In this case, the orange is stupid and tells bad jokes, and the bananas are clearly part of a malicious clique. Clearly. So I tried a fruit I like better, and came up with this
Then I felt bad for the old grumpy apple....
I like raspberries too, but their seeds kind of get to me. I don't picture tham with particularly good personalities though...
Finally, no fruit montage would be complete with out the obligatory Rogue quote:
(For those of you who don't know, Rogue is a pretty awesome DOS game...) Anyway, fruit sucks. Maybe next time I'll draw a happy cake.
On an unrelated note, a coworker was telling me about the new tattoo she wants, so I gifted her with my rendition of it. I'd be honored to needle this into my skin:
Right? Right. Maybe on my butt.






No comments:
Post a Comment