Monday, March 7, 2011

You have awoken the windfish, THIEF

My original thought today was to draw a frog. Finding that rather boring, it made me think of a rather unique line taken from a video game. Really, it's only amusing when taken out of context, and I'm probably the only one who finds it funny, but here you go.

Now, in context, there's a village being attacked by the "light frog" which is so bright, or something, it starts fires. You get this line once you defeat them. Still, I like it. Ridiculous video game lines got me thinking of a better known line (that other people actually find funny). I think it's a translation mishap, where in the Japanese said something relatively insulting, and the English version tried to censor it... poorly.


I'm not quite sure what makes someone "spoony," but in this case he had run off with the old guy's daughter. I added a spoon to his hand for good measure. I think the best part of this game was playing it with my sister and thinking of awesome names for the characters. Unfortunately, I can't remember the names we thought up for these two (which the game named Tellah and Edward--LAME), but I do remember we named the martial arts guy "Tae Bo." Yeah, we were cool.

Additionally, the title of this post comes from an old game that sister and I used to play on those old school brick sized gameboys. You could steal stuff from the shop, which was handy so you didn't have to go tediously farming for money, but as a consequence, everyone for the rest of the game would refer to you as THIEF. At the "meaningful" ending parts, it could get pretty amusing.

Enough dorky chatter for now.

1 comment:

  1. How we had so much fun watching each other play video games is still a mystery to me... but it was pretty awesome, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete