Thursday, November 1, 2012

I've been messing with MS Paint again...

This time my focus has been video game characters. Some of the drawings are a little shabbier than others. All of these I drew, but I modeled them after pictures that exist on the internet. You can see the difference when it's doodling from my own creativity versus using a model.

This was the first one, inspired because I was sending someone a lot of "links"

Very basic. After sending it to a friend and seeing her delight, I made some of her favorite game characters, castle crashers.

I actually worked close up with the pixels on the red one, but haven't gotten to (or may not get to ever) the others. So he looks a little better.

Inspired at this point, I sent another favorite to someone, from the game Journey.


The pattern at the bottom of the cape took the most time.

Anyway, I've found this is a good way to make the day go by between bouts of work. Get some work done, draw a little, get some work done, etc. So today's project was Zelda.

I spent by far the most time on this one. The hardest part was actually her hands. They still look a little weird, but that's ok. I'm not entering any contests.

If anyone still looks at this, I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when we used to watch Fantasia and draw the characters from it, and fight over who got to be what horse. Anyway, I'm impressed! You should enter these in contests -- if there are any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow! I could not have figured this was all MS Paint if you hadn't said so.

    ReplyDelete