Thursday, May 3, 2012

I like dogs too

I decided I have put many-a-cat on the blog, so I'd go for dogs. I suppose I'm no better or worse at drawing dogs or cats. I know a couple of amusing dogs that are a mix of... unusual breeds. I wonder how different the breeds can be for a dog to still produce puppies. Can ANY dog breed with any other? Could you breed a miniature poodle with a doberman? I mean, even letting the physical logistics of such a match slide, could you do it via artificial insemination? I don't know. I've never really looked into it. I don't really want to.

I started freehand drawing a dog. It looked fine as a generic cartoon post regarding dogs, but it didn't have enough of the breed specifics to postulate what an offspring of the two might looks like.

Yep, that's a dog, it would probably produce a similar generic dog. I'll try for a breed mix I've seen before that produces interesting results.

On this one I looked up Basset Hounds on google and used those images as a guide. I highly suggest you look up pictures of basset hounds running. It's very funny. Most of them have a pleading expression on their face. ADORABLE. Anyway, basset hound's partner in this case is (drum roll)

Yes. A chocolate lab. The loyal and fun-loving (albeit a little... slow) breed that is known the world over.

Since my workday is coming to a close, I'll have to leave it until later what the combination of these two puppies might look like. But a basset hound/lab mix is a very cute/strange dog to behold. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment