Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The "Bassador"

So, my rendition of a Basset Hound/Labrador hybrid (apparently known as a Bassador) is as such:

This is a kind of dog I've been exposed to, so I knew what to expect when looking it up. Here is a real picture of a Bassador:


I wanted to find a picture where you get a good shot of the normal lab body and the stumpy little basset hound legs.

In my course of searching, I found a list of odd (and normal) dog breed combinations. It was pretty fascinating.

You have the Corgidor (Corgi and Labrador):

the Bostillion (Boston terrier and Papillion):
The St. Wilier (St. Bernard and Rottweiler)
Anyhow, the list goes on and on with many interesting combinations. The list and the images were all found here: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/hybriddogs.htm.

I also suggest to avoid googling "weird dog mixes" in an image search. It ranges from an amusing Photoshop of an eagle head on a regal dog to some deceased animals.

What is the point of this post? I don't know. It has been more interesting looking at cute and unusual dogs than doing work ever could have been, though official records should state I'm doing database entry. At any rate, at least I'm not playing with fire.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Thank you. PS - Some of those dogs are ridiculous, namely the Bostillion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want a CORGIDOR! If only so I can say the name all the time (plus he's pretty cute!)

    ReplyDelete